Why Use Roy to Sell Your Law Firm?
Depending upon the type and location of your law practice, there are two ways Roy can assist you.
One way is to act as your consultant. Roy will provide you with the roadmap to sell your practice and, working behind the scenes, guide you through each step along the way.
Alternatively, Roy provides a more all-inclusive service in which he actively markets your practice, screens buyers and helps structure and close the deal. Consider the following reasons to work closely with Roy before attempting to tackle this process on your own.
- Confidentiality - It may be possible to find a buyer on your own, but do you want the entire legal community to know about your planned retirement? Roy’s marketing materials skillfully conceal your identity. Potential buyers must sign confidentiality agreements before they can learn identifying details of the practice.
- Setting the right price and terms - Roy works closely with a CPA. When you combine Roy’s comprehensive knowledge of the legal marketplace with a CPA’s thorough analysis of your financial records, you can be confident that the recommended value will be as accurate as possible -- given the vagaries of this immature market.
- Broad reach - Roy has an extensive network of contacts. He may not know your potential buyer but, if not, chances are good that someone he knows can put him in touch with the perfect candidate. In addition, Roy knows how to uncover and approach potential lawyer/buyers through skilled use of both print and electronic media.
- Vetting potential buyers - When selling your practice, you want to pass your clients along to someone who will serve them as conscientiously and skillfully as you did. Roy carefully screens all potential buyers before you meet them. He has coached lawyers in virtually all practice areas and, with that experience, has developed a “second sense” that helps him eliminate unworthy buyers before they have the chance to waste your time.
- Structuring the deal - Most lawyers have little experience structuring this particular kind of deal. Roy does. He’ll help you determine the structure that best meets your needs.
- Closing the Deal - Selling or otherwise transitioning your legal practice is a process fraught with emotion. After all, you’ve spent many years creating the relationships and doing the work that made your practice a success. Now it’s time to plan for the end of your career and the unpredictability of retirement, which is is never easy. Roy skillfully and respectfully moves sellers and buyers to close during this period of excitement and uncertainty.